10 years ago, most companies did not have a website. Now almost every company has a website.
This is for several reasons:
1) People want to search for products and services when they want to. This means it can be when they are commuting, when they are waiting, when they are outdoors etc. These are all places where people will use a Smart Phone to access them and not a laptop.
2) Applications are quicker than websites. Applications are designed for smart phones, which have a smaller and slower processor than websites. That is why websites load slow on smart phones and applications do not.
3) Applications are always on their phone. Unlike a website that is open and closed, an iPhone app will always have its logo on its phone. Therefore, the next time your customer wants to visit you, they do not need to remember or type in a long URL, they are just a touch away.
4) Applications are available through the iTunes store. Each day millions of people visit iTunes to download songs, videos and applications. If your app is not listed there, you will lose out on this. It is better to get listed well now, than release an app later and be listed much lower down.
You can increase android app installs and consequently millions of people can visit your mobile too.
5) Applications are Apple friendly. With the iPad, more and more people will be using apps and, as Apple releases more products, the exposure of your App will grow.
6) Apps are viral. Unlike a website that you can only show someone on a laptop, apps can be easily shown and shared on mobile phones. Apps are a topic of conversation. Websites are not.
7) Apps can be used anywhere in the world. Unlike a website that can be used only where there is an Internet Connection, many Apps do not need an Internet connection and, as a result, can be used any where.
Нажмите, чтобы изменить.
Tilly Lawson. Marketing manager in App Reviews Company.